Duties of Editors
- base their decisions to accept or reject a paper for publication upon the paper’s importance, originality and clarity, and the study’s validity and its relevance to the remit of the journal.
- support initiatives designed to reduce research and publication misconduct.
- maintain the integrity of the academic record.
- protect the confidentiality of individual information obtained in the course of research or professional interactions.
- take all reasonable steps to ensure the quality of the material they publish.
- assess the effects of their journal policies on author and reviewer behavior and revising policies, as required, to encourage responsible behavior and discourage misconduct.
For more details, please visit: